Saturday, 23 June 2007

Dear Diary,

It has been confirmed. Arsenal will be without their talismanic striker/captain Thierry Henry (pronounced On-Ri). After all the speculation that has surrounded his future at the club for the past few seasons, I must say that this did not come as a surprise to myself. Henry has given 8 years of wonderful service to the club wheer he has helped us win 2 premiership titles, 4 F.A. cups and a runners up place in the Champions League. Many of the Arsenal fans will definitely start cursing and swaering about how Arsenal were not doing enough and how they have not been ambitious enough to challenge for the title. I beg to differ on this issue.

We have had a young squad that many would be proud to have. I certainly am. While it saddens me to see our captain leave, this is the opportunity for the other players to step up and be counted for. In the next season, I am going to check on the progress of Robin van Persie and especially Nicolas Bendtner. To me, van Persie would be a crucial player in the upcoming season. It is not exactly saying that Arsenal have been playing badly but I suppose some aspects of the game you just cannot control. It is certainly the beginning of something new for the Gunners. I am not a person who would jump to support clubs just because they are winning and gaining success. No matter what, I am always going to support Arsenal. There was a time when I was laughed at for proudly displaying 'Arsenal-Champions of England' on my file in 1993. It was a joke to many who just found it difficult to fathom how such a mediocre club would become champions. I remained patient and was duly rewarded in 1998, 5 years of waiting but it was very sweet seeing Tony Adams lifting the trophy.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

We shall acheive greatness once more.
Invisibility



__`How fast time flies..`__ [22:00]




Tag Me