Monday, 9 July 2007
Dear Diary,
I just got back from the hospital and i finally managed to see the doctor who i did not manage to meet due to some administrative lapses the last 2 times i went there. Turned out the doctor was rather quirky and kinda hyper hyper.
Doc: Hmm, Silat? You injured while pivoting during a kick. Don't worry, I'll fix u up and with some effort, I'll get you back into the ring in 6 mths.
Me: really? that fast? That would be good
Doc: I am that good what.....
Me: hhahahah.....
Alright then, apparantly my visit today was like made into a mini lecture for the other younger specialists there. When I entered the room, there were about 3 other doctors reviewing the case with the senior doc. He was showing the rest about how my knee was already kinda loose and that it makes a crackling sound when shifted as compared to the other leg. Then they took turns testing on my leg. Hoi...I am not a test dummy leh. Viewed the MRI scans and what type of treatment i should undergo. Well, I need to have certain implants placed inside the knee. This is to ensure stability and relative ease during the healing process. Well, if I am going to come back to the ring quickly, I'll need to make as much effort as possible to make that dream a reality. So when we were discussing about when the operation should be done.....
Doc: Are you still studying?
Me: Yup
Doc: NUS?
Me: (Nod)...Arts faculty
Doc: I see, is the char kway teow stall still there?
Me: Not too sure, they are renovating the entire canteen.
Doc: I see, back when I was a student, we would always make the long trip from medicine to the Arts for two things. The Char Kway Teow and the pretty girls.
Me: I guess nothing much has changed. Still pretty much the same.
Doc: There was never anything interesting at the medical faculty. (looks at the 2 female specialists). I never say anything...(shrugs shoulder)......
Operation will be slated on the evening of 24th July. So I will be admitted in the morning and will hopefully be discharged on the 25th. Looks like I will have to give the Silat Tioman trip and the A1 Redang trip a miss this time round. Sad. Oh well, no one said that recovery doesn't have sacrifices.....i just wanna get well.
__`How fast time flies..`__ [14:45]